PROgram for Improved PROductivity: The MATHESON SelectPRO Program focuses on these three foundations of welding effectiveness: Productivity Improvement, Reduced Cost Per Weld, Optimization of Processes.
Metal Fabrication Process Optimization Program
Working with you and key members of your team, our experts evaluate your welding and metal fabrication operations.
Our goal is to lead you to a more effective welding and fabrication operation – with improved quality, reduced total costs, and smoother workflow … putting you in a better position to deliver greater satisfaction and value to your business and to your customers.
Opportunities for Process Improvement
- Deposition rates
- Arc control issues
- Slag and spatter cleanup
- Quality rejects
- Workstation efficiency
- Gas use and control
- Weld design
- Process and shielding gas selection
- Fumes and emissions
- The list goes on
Barriers to optimum productivity – and opportunities for improvement – can be found at many points in the welding, cutting, and metal fabrication process. Our job is to uncover solutions that can have maximum impact on your total operation. Not just in your welding processes, but in all aspects of your metal fab operation.
How does the MATHESON SelectPRO Program work?
The MATHESON SelectPRO Program begins with a partnership and a shared goal to gain insight into your operational challenges, opportunities for improvement, and your business goals.
Where do you seek improvement? Delivery times? Quality? Code compliance? Cost? Workflow? Workplace safety? Automation?
Are you getting complaints? Customers? Employees? Inspectors? Managers?
Insights into questions like these help us guide our Site Survey in ways that are meaningful to your actual current business situation.
MATHESON experts will perform a comprehensive site survey, covering topics such as:
- An inventory of gas and other consumables
- Interviews of production teams, supervisors, and other employees. From management and operations personnel, we learn what we can about your challenges - past, present, and future
- A safety and equipment audit
- A review of weld strategies, such as materials, process choices, work angles, and weld design
- A review of welding machine conditions such as wire feed speed, voltage, and current
- A review of consumables consumption and waste, including gas delivery and control, filler materials, consumables, and replacement cycles
The more information we gather, the more relevant our recommendations will be.
Analysis and Recommendations:
Using the data gathered in the Site Survey, our team will perform an analysis, looking for changes and improvements that could increase productivity, quality, and cost-efficiency … and also address your business goals and requirements.
In addition to putting their experience to work for you, our experts perform calculation-based quantitative analyses that help us analyze fillet size, deposition rate, welding efficiency, material consumed (gas and filler metal), and other variables.
The recommendations we provide are backed up by data. The data will help you justify any needed changes, and calculate projected cost savings.
Contact MATHESON today to discuss how the MATHESON SelectPRO Program can help you.
Download the MATHESON SelectPRO Program Brochure.
Actionable Recommendations. Total Support.
Examples of substantive changes can often include (depending, of course, upon a number of variables and the specifics of a given situation):
- Moving from short circuit to spray to increase deposition rate
- Changing shielding gas to enable the use of one gas mixture in multiple applications
- Altering shielding gas, filler type, or both, to affect improvements in porosity, spatter, color, control, or deposition rate
- Adding automation when appropriate to improve throughput and improve welder availability
… these are just a few examples of typical program outcomes. The possibilities are far greater in numbers.
Our Commitment Includes Support of Your Transition to New Conditions and Processes
Our team will help you implement our recommendations by helping you with internal communications, training (classroom and/or production floor), and other support. We can also help you write or rewrite Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), as well as your Welding Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR).
The MATHESON SelectPRO Program may have a beginning … but it really does not have an end. We are always at your side to help guide you to continuous improvements in productivity, cost reduction, and process optimization.